Thursday 23 August 2012

this (Sixth) sense makes the hell out of sense!!


I’ve just got to curious of reversal films so I downloaded ‘Usual suspects’ and ‘the Sixth Sense’ both are so much famous in this genre of films. So I decided to watch these which are watched over years by many, and also everyone says these are good films.

I watched ‘Usual Suspects’ first. And it was disappointing. Of course, every individual has got the different pointer of view, taste and understandings but, at least, I got to guess ‘who might be the Keyser Soje’ just bit after the begging of the film. With my exhausted body, I finished watching but I couldn’t stop to think ‘why the hell, seriously?’. So I’ve been wandering tens of blogs to find the reviews for about an hour. But everybody wows saying ‘this keeps thrill me over times. What was worse, it felt like the mob psychology like ‘it wasn’t that bad as everybody’s saying it’s good’. I truly wished that I could find the clue.



But tonight, just before, after watching ‘the Sixth Sense’, I was frozen with lots of goose bumps until the ending credits were shown. I couldn’t help to think myself ‘this was a breathtaking reversal. this one’s supposed to be The reversal film!’. Before the doctor Malcolm realised the truth that he’s dead, I’ve come to miss mummy due to a conversation of Cole and his mom. Because of this, the effect might have been bigger than real. No. It definitely was. But this one could be the intention of director, couldn’t it. Just like the scheme to catch us off our guards. There were two things that I really love in this film. One was ‘Love’ between Cole and his mom which was wide-spread in all over the film. And the other was ‘Trust’ between the doctor and Cole which keeps their truthful relationship which was shown true at the moment. Even though the attitude of a patient was bit more consistent. That boy’s always been telling the truth. ‘they only see what they wanna see’, ‘they don’t know they’re dead’ etc…

But most of all, what will be remained on my mind the most deeply and clearly would be, of course, the conversation of Cole and his mom in their car. The mother reflects the infinite faith, and the boy who saw that faith wasn’t so sure that his mom couldn’t be able to accept it but started to talk his story. Few moments later, mother tried to stop him but eventually she sided with him just like a quote ‘no parents ever persuaded a determined child to do otherwise’. When the boy told his mom what he heard from mom’s mom and she told the boy what the question was, I was so sure that the love and the faith toward her child have come from her mother. With mother’s tacit agreement, the boy finished his talk and they tearfully hugged each other and made sure their love. What an absolutely beautiful story! Of course, the film was good enough itself, but this part has affected more than the effect of reversal.

 This would be my first review of films. I’m not sure that whether this was enough to give me an effect or stimulation or I watched this film on the right time, tonight was an obviously valuable time. of course including Fatass’s brother, Minje. Happy birthday Minje. And above all, I do love you mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment